Rental Guidelines and Policies
All applications are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant.
- The credit check depends on the type of rental. If you are trying to rent a decent clean apartment in a working class neighborhood, credit just needs to be okay. Your credit doesn’t have to be perfect but it can’t be all bad either.
- If you are trying to rent a house in a bit more fancy of a neighborhood, credit needs to be better. Once again this does not mean perfect, but you must have a decent credit score to qualify.
Civil and Criminal Search
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Have you ever been in litigation with a Landlord?
- Have you ever been evicted?
- Sexual predator search.
- National Terrorist Action List
- Once again, some rentals require there be no criminal background. Other rentals will require no criminal record for the last 5 years. Typically DUI or misdemeanors will not be counted against you because everyone makes a mistake. However violent felonies and recent drug related arrests will mean automatic rejection of application.
- How often did you pay late?
- Did you leave owing money?
- How did you maintain the premises?
- Did you fulfill the terms of your lease?
- Were there any complaints against you or your guests?
- An Eviction is okay if you paid the landlord in full afterwards. If you still owe a landlord money for any reason, your application will be automatically rejected.
- Please note: Family, friends and/or roommates are not acceptable rental references.
- Some of our owners are more flexible than others. For example, you might have paid a few times late but your previous landlord thought you were a good tenant. This should be fine.
Employment and Income Check
- Do you have a job or some other source of income?
- How long have you been at your job?
- Is your income verifiable?
- Pets are okay if owner of property allows them.
- No more than 2 animals per unit (if allowed).
- No attack trained animals or known vicious breeds permitted. That means rottwilers, Dobermans, German Shepherds and typically any big dog over 75 pounds other than a lab.
- Must complete a pet application and have animal approved.
- Must pay a non-refundable Pet Fee one time only.
Application and Fees
- You will need to fill out an application.
- A Driver's License or other approved photo ID must be included.
- $30.00 non-refundable application fee per person over the age of 18.
- Fees must be paid in cash, cashier's check or money order.
- At the end of any Tenancy, there is a minimum carpet and unit cleaning charge.
- Once you are approved, you need to drop off a non-refundable deposit. This deposit becomes your security deposit when you move into your rental.
Each owner of a rental property will have slightly different qualifying guidelines. All applications are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant.
Perhaps, you worried that you will not qualify?
If you feel there is a reason why you might be denied for rental, please contact us to discuss. In some instances, a higher deposit or other terms and conditions might be available to you.